Chevy LTZ is one of the latest trim levels of Chevrolet engines providing deluxe features.
If you are wondering, what does LTZ stand for Chevy?
Don’t worry; we are here to guide you.
Today, we will discuss what does LTZ stands for on a Chevy with some features of LTZ trim.
- 1 What Does LTZ Stand for on a Chevy?
- 2 Which is the Most Popular Chevy LTZ?
- 3 FAQs About What Does LTZ Stand for Chevy
- 4 Conclusion
What Does LTZ Stand for on a Chevy?
LTZ trim is a premium choice of Chevy owners.
LTZ stands for Luxury Touring Z. It’s a popular and common misconception.
There is no official statement from GM that can prove LTZ stands for Luxury Touring Z.
Indeed, it doesn’t mean anything. GM gives a name to indicate the upgrade of LT trims.
They upgraded LT to LTZ. That’s it, nothing more.
LTZ is one of the latest trims of Chevrolet.
Trims are the different versions of the same model of a specific vehicle.
Trim level Z indicates premium luxury for Chevy owners.
Unlike the lower trim level like LS or LT, LTZ is the highest trim model of Chevy.
LTZ offers deluxe features and comforts you won’t find in the lower trim levels.
Some Popular Chevy Model with LTZ Trims are-
- Chevy Avalance
- Chevy Camaro
- Chevy Corvette
- Chevy Cruze
- Chevy Equinox
- Chevy Impala
- Chevy Tahoe
- Chevy Traverse
- Chevy Suburban
- Chevy Silverado
- Chevy Malibu
Popular Chevy LTZ Features-
LTZ is the latest trim. It’s an upgrade of LT.
As you know, Chevy produced different cars and trucks of LTZ trims.
There are some common features in all the LTZ vehicles, including-
- Remote Start
- Satellite Traffic Navigation
- Universal Home Remote
- Auto Ride Suspension
- Power/Electric Seats
- Remote Control Trunk Release
- HD Radio
- LED Tail Lamps
- LED Fog Lamps
- Trailering Package
- 6.2L EcoTec3-V8
- Cooled/Warm Seats
- Power Liftgate
- Leather Seats
Which is the Most Popular Chevy LTZ?
Silverado LTZ is the most common and most popular LTZ vehicle from Chevy.
So, we are going to explain some of the features that 2019 Silverado LTZ (Z71-4WD, V8)
(A) Exterior Features of Silverado LTZ
01. Remote start: It has both remote starts and remote off options.
That means you can switch on or off your engines by pressing the remote button.
You can also open and close the tailgate of Silverado z71 by pressing the button.
02. Chrome exterior: 2019 Silverado z71 has chrome furnished attractive exterior.
So, you will fall in love with its look.
03. Fog light: Two extra fog lights are in the front below the main headlights.
04. Tow hooks: There are two tow hooks in the front and one in the back of the truck.
That will help you during towing or hauling.
05. Parking assist sensors: It has front and rear parking assist sensors.
It helps a lot during parking the truck.
06. Skid plate: It has an underbody skid plate for off-roading and whatnot.
07. Door unlocking button: The door’s handle has a hands-free locking and unlocking system.
There is a button on the handle’s door.
You have to press them to lock or unlock the door.
08. Tailgate button: There is a button in the tailgate.
Press the button, and the tailgate will open smoothly.
09. Bed liner: It has 12 tie-downs Bedliner.
Each of them rated for 500 pounds.
10. Dual storage: It has a dual-storage system in the Bedliner.
11. 120v connector: There is a 120 Volt connector in the truck’s bed liner.
You can plug in a power plug of a laptop or others whatever you need in this port.
12. Headlight in tailgate: There are headlights in the bed tailgate that will help you see in the dark.
It’s a great feature that many modern trucks lack.
13. Gas filling: It has an easy-fill gas system. It doesn’t have a cap or anything.
Just stick the gas pump inside to fill the gas.
14. Wheel: It has a 20-inch polished Aluminum wheel.
15. Side mirror: It has LED lights in the side mirrors.
It also has puddle lights under the side mirrors.
16. Back window: 2019 Silverado LTZ has a back window that can be opened and closed automatically.
17. Camera: It has a decent quality front and camera to help you drive or park the truck.
18. Running boards: It doesn’t have a running board installed below the door.
It has a toe pad in the front.
(B) Interior Features of Silverado LTZ
You already know what does LTZ stands for.
Now Let’s see the features of Silverado LTZ z71-
01. Buttons: The front door has a nice chrome handle, power seats button, power windows button, power mirror button, memory seats button.
02. Instrument Cluster: On the screen, all the necessary information is shown to help you know your vehicle better.
Info like Gas mileage statistics, oil life, fuel range, tire pressure, air filter life, brake pad life, engine hours is shown on the instrument cluster or driver screen.
03. Inbuilt navigation: Silverado LTZ has an in-built navigation system which is a great feature that helps a lot to navigate the road.
04. LED display: The center screen will show all the necessary information in front of the driver seat.
05. Leather Seats: All the seats are made of leather.
So, seating is very comfortable in z71 Silverado.
06. Cooler back: The cooler back is on both sides of the rear seats.
You can store something inside there or keep it cold or hot. Whatever you like.
07. Sliding glass: There is a sliding glass window behind the rear seats.
You can slide it to open or close automatically.
08. Extra headroom: There is an extra headroom up in the back seats.
09. Rear display: It has a rear display in the back seat.
10. Auto Stop & Start: It also has an auto-start and auto-stop system.
If you stop at a traffic light, the engine will cut the engine completely to save gas.
11. Driving Mode: It has tow mode and sport mode.
If you need to haul, then you can activate the tow mode.
If you need to speed up your truck, you can speed up by activating the sport mode.
You can activate whatever you need.
12. Audio system: It has Bose audio system.
So, surely the sound quality will impress you.
13. Charging port: It has a USB and wireless charging port.
Having an inbuilt wireless charging port is very rare.
14. Power cable port: It has a power cable port.
You can use it to charge your laptop quickly.
15. Auto Stop & Start button: It has a button written “A”.
You can cut off the auto start and auto-stop system by pressing it.
16. Heated & Cooled seats: It has heated and cooled seats on the front and the passenger sides.
17. Inbuilt radio: It has an inbuilt radio system.
18. 4G wifi: It has a 4G wifi hotspot that can be used through OnStar.
19. Smart Camera: It has a super cool camera.
When you turn the wheel of the 2019 Silverado LTZ, the camera line turns with the wheel.
So, it becomes effortless to get a clear idea to park or drive the truck.
20. Storage box: There are two storage boxes in the dashboard for storage.
21. Sunroof: Silverado LTZ has a sunroof in the front seat.
(C) Engine Segment
Since Silverado LTZ trim is mainly built for off-roading, it has a powerful engine setup-
01. Engine options: It has two engine options. 6.2L V8 and 5.3L V8
02. Horsepower: 6.2L can produce 420 HP, and 5.3L produces 280 HP.
03. Transmission: It has an 8-speed automatic transmission.
04. Dual Exhaust: It has a dual exhaust system.
05. Gas Mileage:6.2L MPG around 20 on the highway, 17 MPG in the city. LT 23, average 19 MPG
06. DFM: It has Dynamic Fuel Management or DFM, which saves gas.
07. Driving option: Silverado 2019 LTZ has 2WD and 4WD driving options.
It also has a new option called automatic driving system mode.
It allows the car to choose whether it needs to drive in 2WD or 4WD.
If you are driving on a hill track, your truck will need 4WD, and you are driving on a good highway road, then 2WD is enough for you.
2WD will save gas consumption.
Here is a full review of Silverado LTZ z71
FAQs About What Does LTZ Stand for Chevy
01. What Does LTZ Stand for on a Chevy Truck?
Chevy LTZ is the upgraded trim level of Chevy LT.
Most people think LTZ means Luxury Touring Z. It’s a common misconception.
GM never mentioned LTZ stands for Luxury Touring Z.
So, LTZ is an upgrade trim level of chevy.
It doesn’t have any specific meaning.
02. What are the 2019 Silverado LTZ Standard Features?
We have discussed all the standard features of the 2019 Silverado at the beginning of this article.
03. What Silverado Has the 6.2L?
Silverado z71, 1500, 2500, 3500 have 6.2L engines.
04. Does Silverado LTZ Has 4×4?
Yes. Most of the Silverado LTZ has both 4WD and 2WD options.
05. Which Silverado Trim Has the 6.2L?
Silverado LTZ trims have a 6.2L engine.
06. What Does the Chevy LTZ Package Include?
Chevy LTZ package includes premium features and amenities.
We have mentioned all the features and amenities of the Chevy LTZ package at the beginning of this article.
Chevy LTZ has deluxe features with upgraded technology.
Most of the Chevy LTZ has been built for off-roading.
So, they have powerful engines.
If anyone asks you what does LTZ stand for Chevy?
Indeed, it stands for the supreme quality of chevy engines with deluxe comforts and modern technology.