If you’re on the lookout for the best dual exhaust for Silverado, there might be a lot to consider, but there’s more to benefit from.
The Chevrolet Silverado is a reliable workhorse of a vehicle, offering incredible performance.
The truck is already powerful, but you can make it even more so with a dependable dual exhaust system.
These aftermarket modifications would improve the power and stance of your truck, and we’ve saved you time by compiling some of the best ones on the market.
- 1 A Comparison Table Of Top 08 Best Dual System For Chevy Silverado
- 2 What is the Best Dual Exhaust for Silverado?
- 3 Why Borla is the Best Brand for Dual Exhaust for Silverado
- 4 Top 08 Dual Exhaust for Silverado (Reviews & Buying Guide : 2022)
- 4.1 01. Borla 140537 Cat Black Exhaust System (Best Overall)
- 4.2 02. Gibson Performance Exhaust 65658 (Best for Increased Horsepower)
- 4.3 03. Flowmaster 817689 Stainless Aggressive Exhaust System (Best for Aggressive Sound)
- 4.4 04. Flowmaster Super Mandrel Bent Exhaust System (Best for Top Performance)
- 4.5 05. Dual Conversion Exhaust Kit (Best for Single Outlet Exhaust Conversion)
- 4.6 06. Rough Country Dual Exhaust 96007 (Best for Driving Experience)
- 4.7 07. DNA Motoring OEM-Style Catalyst Converter Exhaust (Best for Durable Construction)
- 4.8 08. Truck Exhaust Kits Dual Exhaust System (Best for Personalization)
- 5 Buying Guide
- 5.1 01. How to Choose the Best Dual Exhaust System for your Silverado
- 5.2 02. Benefits of a Dual Exhaust System
- 5.3 03. Dual vs. Single Exhaust System
- 6 FAQ’s About Best Dual Exhaust For Silverado
- 6.0.1 01. What is a Full Exhaust System?
- 6.0.2 02. What is the Most Durable Exhaust Material?
- 6.0.3 03. What Does a Muffler Do?
- 6.0.4 04. What is a Cat Back Dual Exhaust?
- 6.0.5 05. How Does Dual Exhaust Improve My Silverado’s Performance?
- 6.0.6 06. Can I Install a Dual Exhaust System Myself?
- 6.0.7 07. What happens if My Dual Exhaust System is poorly installed?
- 7 Conclusion
A Comparison Table Of Top 08 Best Dual System For Chevy Silverado
What is the Best Dual Exhaust for Silverado?
After extensive research, we named the Borla 140537 Cat Black Exhaust System the best one for your Silverado.
This exhaust system offers fantastic performance and is made with aircraft-grade materials.
With the Borla 140537, you get a significant change on your Silverado in.
The company is widely known for being a leading brand in this aspect, with over 25 years of experience.
Why Borla is the Best Brand for Dual Exhaust for Silverado
What makes the Borla 140537 Cat Black Exhaust System stand out from other choices is its leveraging technology.
The system is made with patented Straight-Through and Multi-Core Technology which would release the hidden horsepower of your Chevy.
The dual exhaust system would add a roar to your engine whenever you rev it up, bringing it to life for any adventure.
Top 08 Dual Exhaust for Silverado (Reviews & Buying Guide : 2022)
01. Borla 140537 Cat Black Exhaust System (Best Overall)
- Patented Straight-Through Technology.
- Patented Multi-Core Technology.
- CNC Manufactured for Perfect Installation.
- Aircraft-Grade Stainless Steel Construction.
At the top of our list of the best dual exhaust for 5.3 Silverado and other types of engines is the Borla 140537 Cat Black Exhaust System.
Offering leading performance and durability, the exhaust system ensures you enjoy seamless flow and power once it’s connected.
It employs the patented Straight-Through and Multi-Core Technology for this purpose.
The high performance would last for a long time, as the dual exhaust is made with aircraft-grade stainless steel, which has been coated to prevent rust.
It was made with CNC manufacturing, ensuring it fits your vehicle perfectly when installed.
Speaking of installation, any DIYer can get the hang of the Borla 140537 after purchase.
It only needs standard hand tools and a floor jack and comes with an easy-to-understand instructions guide.
And the cherry on top is the roaring and rumbling sounds that the dual exhaust system makes when you drive or idle.
- Improves your engine sound dramatically.
- Durable and rust-resistant.
- Provides smooth flow and high performance.
- Easy to install with essential tools.
- Designed to fit perfectly in your car.
- Takes up to two hours to be installed.
02. Gibson Performance Exhaust 65658 (Best for Increased Horsepower)
- 3-inch/2.25-inch Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Tube Design.
- Located Behind Each Rear Tire.
- Gibson Muffler for Deep Sound.
- Bolt-on Installation.
The Gibson Performance Exhaust 65658 is next on our list of the best dual exhaust for Chevy Silverado 1500, offering a highlight of increased horsepower.
When installing this exhaust system, you can improve your horsepower by 15 to 20, giving you better performance on the streets and off-road.
You can give your Chevy a new look with a unique design, as each exhaust is located behind each rear tire.
It is made with stainless steel, with a mandrel-bent tube design that would look great at the back end of your car.
The steel is highly durable, too, allowing you to use it for a long time.
No welding is required to install the Gibson Performance Exhaust 65658; instead, it features a bolt-on design that anyone can do.
It is fitted with a muffler to give your engine a powerful deep sound whenever you turn your Silverado on.
- Increases horsepower up to 20 units.
- Offers a unique design behind each rear tire.
- Stainless steel construction for durability.
- Easy to install.
- Features a muffler for good sound.
- The instructions manual is a bit tricky to understand.
03. Flowmaster 817689 Stainless Aggressive Exhaust System (Best for Aggressive Sound)
- Highly Aggressive Sound.
- Stainless Steel Construction.
- Unique Design with Black, Ceramic Tips.
Give your Silverado an intimidating and lively sound with the Flowmaster 817689 Exhaust System.
As one of the best exhaust for 2020 Silverado, the main selling point is its aggressive tone, which it makes whenever you install it.
The company also has mild, moderate, and very aggressive options, among a wide range of options.
The Flowmaster 817689 features stainless steel construction for durability so that you can use it for a long time behind your Silverado.
The stainless exhaust system features black ceramic tips for a unique design that sets it apart from others.
With a deep idle note, this dual exhaust system gives you a good start and even sounds great when you’re cruising.
It is also easy to install and can be done within two hours, although you might need some advanced tools to get it done.
- Impressive and deep idle note.
- Highly durable construction.
- Attractive design.
- Installation is straightforward.
- Offers optimum flow.
- Rusts after a while.
04. Flowmaster Super Mandrel Bent Exhaust System (Best for Top Performance)
- Rich and Aggressive Sound.
- Mandrel Bends for Seamless Flow.
- Aluminized Pipe for Durability.
- Slip-On Tailpipes.
Also from Flowmaster, the Super Mandrel Bent Exhaust System is a fantastic Silverado performance exhaust with chrome tips and a mandrel-bent design.
It is compatible with a wide range of Silverado trucks and fitted with a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler for a rich and aggressive rumble that would enhance your driving experience.
The exhaust system includes high-quality 2.5-inch pipes fitted with mandrel bends for a seamless exhaust flow.
Not only does it provide uninterrupted flow, but it also does wonders for your fuel economy.
These pipes would last a very long time behind your Silverado truck, as they are aluminized.
In terms of installation, anyone can get it done as the kit has everything you need.
The tailpipes are cut into two pieces but can be slipped on together for straightforward installation.
But, you might need to make some changes to your vehicle before installing it properly.
- Chrome tips for fantastic design.
- Rich rumble with a muffler.
- Uninterrupted exhaust flow.
- Improves fuel economy.
- Aluminized construction for durability.
- The chrome tips have to be welded on.
05. Dual Conversion Exhaust Kit (Best for Single Outlet Exhaust Conversion)
- 305-Grade Stainless Steel Construction with Polished Finish.
- Conversion Kit with All Tools.
- Increases Vehicle Performance.
- Not a Direct Fit.
Next is the Dual Conversion Exhaust Kit, the top 2004 Chevy Silverado best sounding dual exhaust kit for 5.3 liter vortec on our list.
The highlight of this dual exhaust for your Silverado is its durable construction.
It is made with 304 stainless steel and features a polished mirror finish that would prevent rusting.
You can enjoy using this for a long time without the performance dropping.
Since this is a conversion kit allows you to transform your single outlet exhaust system into a dual outlet with 2.5-inch pipes.
You would notice a significant increase in the performance of your vehicle after you install it.
The entire kit comes with all you need to set up the exhaust kit, but you have to remember that it isn’t a perfect fit.
Instead, you would have to modify the parts before you can install them.
- Durable and long-lasting design.
- Enhances Silverado performance significantly.
- Can convert single to the dual outlet.
- Polished finish for rust resistance.
- Sounds amazing.
- Needs professional installation.
06. Rough Country Dual Exhaust 96007 (Best for Driving Experience)
- Mandrel Bent Design.
- Stainless steel construction with Black Tips.
- Low Rumble or Mild Droning Sound.
Another one of the best dual exhausts for Silverado on our list is the Rough Country Dual Exhaust 96007, which is compatible with the 2014 through to 2018 model years.
It is a well-built dual exhaust system with stainless steel and a mandrel-bent design.
It also features black tips, which add to the style of your vehicle.
Most customers that go for the Rough Country Dual Exhaust 96007 agree that it enhances their driving experience.
The exhaust system gives a fantastic sound that won’t overshadow your voice or radio but isn’t too meek either.
You might get a mild drone when driving at freeway speed.
The dual exhaust system would also give you better gas mileage, and it feels great when you accelerate.
Keep in mind that the installation is a bit tricky, so much so that the manufacturer recommends you hire a professional.
- Smooth exhaust flows with mandrel bend.
- Improves gas mileage.
- Great for acceleration.
- Decent and unobtrusive sound.
- Compatible with a wide range of Silverado.
- Installation requires professional intervention.
07. DNA Motoring OEM-Style Catalyst Converter Exhaust (Best for Durable Construction)
- Catalyst Converter Exhaust with Y-Pipe.
- Stainless Steel and Precision-Engineered.
- Computerized Mandrel-Bends.
The DNA Motoring OEM-Style Catalyst Converter Exhaust is next on our review list, offering a one-of-a-kind Y-pipe design.
As one of the best exhaust system for Silverado 1500, this system is precision-engineered and designed for long-lasting performance.
It is well-designed to fit the Chevrolet Silverado perfectly.
Not only this but the dual exhaust system is made with top-quality stainless steel for strength and has mandrel-bends for smooth flow of the exhaust.
Quality is assured as the manufacturers test the systems for durability, strength, and longevity before being released into the market.
With this OEM-Style exhaust, you can adequately increase the horsepower of your Chevy and enjoy driving.
The DNA Motoring dual exhaust system is well-known for freeing up the trapped torque on your Silverado and enhancing the restricted systems on your car from the factory settings.
- Highly strong and durable.
- Increases horsepower.
- Frees up trapped torque on the vehicle.
- Unique Y-pipe design.
- Underwent rigorous testing.
- Tricky installation.
08. Truck Exhaust Kits Dual Exhaust System (Best for Personalization)
- Fully Aluminized for Longevity.
- Corner Exit for Custom Design.
- Mandrel Bent Design.
- Chrome Weld on the Tips.
The last item on our list, but still one of the best exhaust for 5.3 Silverado, is the dual system from Truck Exhaust Kits.
It comes with a mandrel-bent design for proper exhaust flow, and the pipes are aluminized, which means that you can use the exhaust for a much longer time.
The best part of this dual exhaust system kit is the corner exit, which allows you to weld it based on your taste.
You would have to do some custom welding and bending before installing, so it’s advisable to hire a professional.
Despite this, you can set it up based on your preferences.
Fitted with chrome weld on the tips, the Truck Exhaust Kit also comes with a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler for a better sound.
- Perfect for custom welding.
- Pipes are aluminized for durability.
- Includes a muffler for improved sound.
- Free exhaust flow with mandrel bend.
- Requires welding and professional intervention.
With the list of the best dual exhaust systems for your Chevrolet Silverado, the next thing you need to do is answer the question,
‘What is the best dual exhaust for Silverado for me?’
You need to keep in mind different factors when choosing one for your Chevy, which is what is covered below.
01. How to Choose the Best Dual Exhaust System for your Silverado
When considering the best exhaust for 2015 Silverado, you need to think about the primary type of driving you would be doing and other factors.
(A) On-Road or Off-Road Driving
Before buying a dual exhaust system, you need to consider mainly driving in towns and neighborhoods or on dirt roads, hunting areas, and race tracks.
If you do more on-road driving, a quieter exhaust would be better to avoid disturbing others and breaking noise ordinances.
But for off-roading, the main issue is whether your ground clearance is high enough so that the exhaust does not hit the ground.
You can enjoy driving either way if your exhaust is properly installed.
(B) Pipe Size
Another critical factor is the size of the diameters on your pipes, as this would also influence the sound it makes.
If you want less noise, you can go for pipes with narrow diameters since they restrict the flow.
On the other hand, those with wider diameters make more aggressive noises with unrestricted flow.
When choosing the pipe size, it’s essential to look out for those with a mandrel-bent, as this is one of the best ways to enjoy unrestricted exhaust flow.
(C) Location of the Pipes
While some dual exhaust systems allow you to install the pipes in front of the tire at the side of the Chevy, there are other cases where you need to install each one behind the two rear tires.
The most common location is simply linearly installing the pipes at the back end.
You should also measure your vehicle to make sure that the pipe would be a perfect fit.
(D) Material and Construction
Keep in mind that exhaust systems are located underneath your Silverado, which means they need to be rugged and rust-resistant.
Most systems feature stainless-steel construction, although you can find some with polished or aluminum finishes.
Buy these kinds of exhausts so that they last for a long time without needing constant repair.
02. Benefits of a Dual Exhaust System
Since there are single outlet exhaust systems, many Chevy owners wonder what they would benefit from converting that into a dual exhaust system.
But, there are different advantages to be expected when you purchase a dual exhaust system.
(A) Versatile Styles
There are different ways to install your dual exhaust system, giving you multiple styles based on your preferences.
These include cat-back, dual rear exits, and more.
You can choose the one you prefer and give your Silverado a new look.
(B) Better Sound
If you aim to have an aggressive and lively sound, whether you’re cruising, idling, or off-roading, a dual exhaust system is a much better option.
They offer louder sounds that enhance your experience.
(C) Improved Fuel Economy
With a dual exhaust, you release waste through two entry points and not one, which translates into better fuel economy.
Many models are even designed to provide you with better gas mileage and horsepower precisely.
(D) Engine Cooling
The more your dual system can exhaust waste, the more you get air into your engine.
This reduces your chances of dealing with overheating since the incoming air would always cool your engine down.
03. Dual vs. Single Exhaust System
Dual exhaust systems are usually compared to single systems, but the main difference is the exit points.
You get only one exit point with the latter, unlike with the former, which offers two.
This means that the dual exhaust system would let out twice the amount of waste quicker than the single system since its exit points are not limited.
Enhanced horsepower makes the dual exhaust system better than the single design, asides from the benefits we have explored like multiple styles, improved sound, engine cooling, and better fuel economy.
The two-exhaust system would increase your horsepower by taking in more air through the engine.
Although single exhaust systems are more affordable, lightweight, and readily available for replacement, they won’t improve the driving experience you have with your Silverado.
The only thing they can do is increase your gas velocity.
From this, it is evident that the dual exhaust system can do two times better than the single outlet system, simply because you have the extra pipe.
FAQ’s About Best Dual Exhaust For Silverado
01. What is a Full Exhaust System?
A full exhaust system can be likened to a kit that contains a cat-back system, an exhaust manifold, and a catalytic converter.
With the full system, you won’t have to make extra purchases, as the kit also contains clamps and accessories that you might need to install.
In some cases, there are headers instead of an exhaust manifold, which would provide room for less restrictive airflow, thereby increasing Chevy’s horsepower.
You can decide to remove the catalytic converter too or use a high flow unit instead.
02. What is the Most Durable Exhaust Material?
Stainless steel systems are considered the best exhaust material, as they are rust-resistant and long-lasting.
Most exhaust systems in the aftermarket are based on aluminized stainless steel or durable alloys.
It’s best to look for the exhausts that are made with materials like this.
They are also rust-resistant and sometimes covered with an aluminum-silicon finish for durability.
At the same time, the piping within the system is made with heavy-duty metal for corrosion resistance.
In particular, 304-grade steel is recognized as one of the top durable materials for exhaust systems.
They are designed for high quality and reliability and are usually resistant to corrosion and rusting.
It’s essential to purchase a dual exhaust system with these kinds of materials if you want to use it for a long time.
03. What Does a Muffler Do?
The primary function is to reduce the sound waves coming from the engine through a series of chambers to bounce off.
It muffles the engine sound, as the name implies.
Some dual exhaust systems come with mufflers to reduce their noise while still keeping them smooth and aggressive.
If you’ll be driving in a town area, then a damper would be needed on your exhaust system,
You will need to decide between two types of mufflers: the straight-through and the chamber one.
The straight-through damper consists of fiberglass isolation, a perforated pipe, and steel wool.
The chambered muffler is fitted with a filter that cancels out sound waves and produces a specific sound.
04. What is a Cat Back Dual Exhaust?
One of the most popular dual exhaust system designs for Silverado trucks is the cat back design.
This type of design would end up replacing some parts of your Chevy for it to work.
It would begin from the back of the catalytic converter and usually includes a muffler, connection pipes, tailpipes with one or two tips, and other clamps for installation.
You would also come across some cat-back exhaust systems with an axle-back design.
This type would only give you the tailpipes and the muffler in rare cases.
As for the piping parts, you will have to purchase them separately for the system to work.
05. How Does Dual Exhaust Improve My Silverado’s Performance?
There are three main ways in which installing a dual exhaust system would enhance the performance of your Chevrolet Silverado.
Firstly, it allows the exhaust to be evacuated without restrictions, mainly when it features the mandrel bend.
The mandrel-bent design will enable emissions to be pushed out without the need for a larger pipe diameter.
It would also prevent the insides of the pipes from wrinkling on the inside.
Secondly, it draws oxygen into the vehicle to cool the engine, increase horsepower and improve the sound.
Although the sound depends on a muffler, you won’t be getting anything less than a deep rumble when you drive.
Thirdly, dual exhaust systems usually have larger pipe diameters.
This would maximize the engine power and torque of your engine by providing an efficient flow of emissions.
06. Can I Install a Dual Exhaust System Myself?
In many cases, you can install a dual exhaust system yourself, but if the manufacturer says you are advised to seek professional help, you should do so.
But if you can do it, it’s essential to follow the steps in the instructions manual to the latter.
Also, if you’re not handy with tools, it’s advisable to leave them in the hands of a skilled mechanic.
Although you might have to deal with extra costs from hiring a mechanic to upgrade or change your exhaust system, it would be worth it in the long run, especially since dual exhaust systems last for a longer time.
07. What happens if My Dual Exhaust System is poorly installed?
If your Silverado is driving about with a poorly installed dual exhaust system, you would have to deal with multiple dangers.
These include low fuel economy, leading to increased costs of gas for your car. Another danger is carbon monoxide poisoning, which can prove to be highly lethal.
While the exhaust is meant to enhance your Silverado’s performance, it would decrease it instead if it’s poorly installed.
You might have to deal with stalling, sputtering, low power, Check Engine Light, and more.
Once you purchase the best dual exhaust for Silverado, you can start taking advantage of the benefits they have to offer.
All the recommended products on our list would provide you with reliability, longevity, amazing sounds, and an all-around driving experience whether you’re driving in the city or off-road.
While the Chevrolet Silverado already offers leading quality, it becomes even better with the best dual exhaust system.